Flavors of Islamabad brings you the best reviews in town! NEW ARRIVALS, DIY, ALL CUISINES

Friday 17 May 2019

Honey Mustard Chicken with Boiled Rice (DIY)




Honey mustard chicken with rice is a dish I make at least twice a week. Its an excellent option for diet food, contains less calories, ingredients which don't contain much fats and I myself use this recipe while being on a diet. This dish is a combination of a sour and sweet flavor which can be a mood changer while following a diet. When individuals are on a diet they usually eat meals with less flavor and I believe flavors bring meaning and happiness to life.

Ingredients:

-250 grams on boneless chicken breast
-1 cup of rice
-1 tablespoon of mustard powder
-1 table spoon of garlic powder
-1 table spoon of honey
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1 teaspoon of black pepper
-1 table spoon of olive oil for cooking the chicken and rice.

The meal is of 880 calories, consists of carbs and protein and good fats.

Instructions:

I usually cut the chicken breast in small pieces and let it marinate and defrost at the same time, this enhances the flavor of the chicken. I make the chicken on a non stick pan, and I make sure to keep the lid on so the chicken cooks well.
For the rice I put it in a rice maker, takes less time and the final product is perfect.
This dish takes 30 mins to make, full of simple flavor and healthy at the same time. Best served with a drizzle of like juice on top before eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment